February 5: 05P-1

Rain came, went, came again. I took advantage of such opportunities as arrived.

This particular sculpture was sparked by a (brief) reading of the book "The Artist's Way." I'd seen it at a friend's house, so got a copy from the library. Turns out to be surprisingly insensitive to human ways. I suppose if you're hopelessly stuck someplace, it's better than nothing, but I chucked it and walked to the beach. Why read about someone else's constrained creativity when I can go out and make a sculpture? Maybe I'd have had different feelings if I'd been stuck. When I do get stuck it's time for a tow truck, not a book.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?